Sunday, March 27, 2011

Random thoughts on a Sunday night

Microsoft Management Summit (MMS) was in Vegas this past week and while I did not attend, Statera was represented by three of our employees learning what is new in the management space. I will work to get one or more of them to make a more detailed post here. But for me one of the announcements was big, SCVMM 2008 R2 Sp1 was released. This provides support for Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX via VMM, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/cc793138.aspx. One thing to mention with this is the download listed is a full SP1 integrated download, not just SP1 but the entire VMM 2008 R2 with SP1. I have already updated in my lab and while the download is large, the upgrade from 2008 R2 goes rather quickly.
Much more news from MMS was around the entire vNext products. This is where I run into a grey area and hope my teammates will elaborate more! SCCM 2010 Beta 2 was released, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ff657840.aspx
Windows Phone 7 News - I am a little disappointed how Microsoft has been handling the update process for the phone! I still love my Samsung Focus and the platform but the fact that updates that have been promised and even committed to by Balmer are yet to flow out! An apologize from the head of the team helps and I hope that by acknowledging the frustration from the users it helps get the update released to those of us that have adopted the platform; read more about it here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ff657840.aspx
Office 365 - Microsoft is pushing Office 365, and I am with them. This new Online platform is basically night and day compared to the current BPOS platform. Statera is a strong partner with Microsoft in the Cloud arena and as such we are being offered numerous opportunities to work with and assist clients who are wanting to move to Office 365. We are in two programs, one is the next wave of Beta for Office 365 and we were assigned numerous clients to help facilitate their beta program in Office 365. The second is a program where we can nominate larger customers for a full "production" beta of Exchange online within Office 365. Both are going well and I am looking forward to working with these clients to show them the value and functionality of Office 365.
Side Note - My Men's NCAA bracket is completely dead! Do not have a single team left alive in the final 4! Guessing there are many of you out there in the same position.
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment